Here you find healthy simple recipes for kids, plus cool dessert recipes for kids!
This is the Nutrition for Kids Site - antonianyberg.com :)
– in corn you find phosphorus, a mineral the we need for the bones and our teeth
For 2-4 people you will need:
4 ears of corn
1 tbsp coconut oil
The juice of one lemon or some salt
1 liter or 4 cups of water
1. Put corn into boiling water
2. After a few minutes you can check the corn with a fork, if it is ready to eat
3. Turn off the stove and take away the corn from the water. Garnish with oil and sprinkle on some salt or lemon - ridiculously simple, right?
– in them you find magnesium that is a very important mineral for growing children
Half a cup of coconut flour (about 1 dl)
2 tbsp coconut oil
A little salt
Some fresh mint leaves
1 egg (optional)
1. Peel eggplant and cut into small pieces and boil until tender
2. Next you mash it and mix it with the flour and some chopped mint leaves and salt. You can also add other spices if you like. You can add and egg to the mixture to make it even easier to make the patties, but this is not necessary. Some people like to put the mixture in the fridge to "rest" for about 15 minutes before starting to fry.
3. Put coconut oil into the pan and wait until it is hot enough
4. Make round patties out of the mixture and start frying them. Watch them carefully so they won't get burned. Serve them hot :)
You can eat them as dessert or anytime of the day really ;)
Both of these puddings are amazing. So nutritious too. If you still add some crushed hazelnuts or fruit or berries on top as a garnish, they will also look beautiful too.
Yesterday I made the second one, with the raw chocolate. My son was skeptical at first when he saw me making it, but when he tasted it he really loved it.
You need vanilla, cacao powder, avocado, banana, tangerines and honey or maple syrup. And also one small raw chocolate bar (aren't they all small hehe). I like to melt one that has some peppermint oil in it and add it to this pudding. But it can be made without the chocolate bar also.
I hope you have a blender?
Without that it still is possible to make these two, I made one of them using a fork to mash the banana and avocado, but then you can't use a frozen banana but that's OK.
In that case you instead put the pudding in the fridge for an hour after you have combined everything and that way it will taste really good.
Here is another easy recipe your kids can make - with your supervision of course.
But older children can make these kind of recipes themselves without much trouble, if you leave the ingredients in the kitchen next to the blender.
You can also cut everything in advance, place it in the blender and put the removable part of the blender in the fridge.
Then, whenever they are hungry - maybe coming home from school in need of an after-school snack, they just assemble the blender and press start, blend for a minute and they have something very delicious.
Today I made an amazing raw vegan ice cream cake for my sister's birthday! And it wasn't at all that difficult! I will post the recipe here for you soon.
Do you want even more healthy simple recipes for kids? Great, I still have a few more for you. The eggplant one below, and also even more here. When you click here, you come to another place on this nutrition for kids site where you for example find instructions on how to make a very nice kid-friendly soup :)