Simple healthy food recipes for kids, plus cool dessert recipes too!
This is the Nutrition for Kids Site - antonianyberg.com
Out of healthy food or ingredients we want to make great dishes that the whole family will like. Because what's the point of buying all that good stuff if we won't use it to make something great?
– in corn you find phosphorus, a mineral the we need for the bones and our teeth
For 2-4 people you will need:
4 ears of corn
1 tbsp coconut oil
The juice of one lemon or some salt
1 liter or 4 cups of water
1. Put corn into boiling water
2. After a few minutes you can check the corn with a fork, if it is ready to eat
3. Turn off the stove and take away the corn from the water. Garnish with oil and sprinkle on some salt or lemon - ridiculously simple, right?
– in them you find magnesium that is a very important mineral for growing children
Half a cup of coconut flour or almond flour (about 1 dl)
2 tbsp coconut oil
A little salt
Some fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon chia seeds in 5 tablespoons water (stir well for 30 seconds)
1 onion, finely chopped (leave this out if your kids don't like onion)
This is what you do:
1. Peel eggplant and cut into small pieces and boil until tender
2. Next you mash it and mix it with the flour and some chopped mint leaves and salt. You can also add other spices if you like. Add the chia seed and water mix. Some people like to put the mixture in the fridge to "rest" for about 15 minutes before starting to fry.
3. Put coconut oil into the pan and wait until it is hot enough
4. Make round patties out of the mixture and start frying them. Watch them carefully so they won't get burned. Serve them hot.
I haven't made these myself for a while, I think I will be making them tomorrow for dinner. I'm sure my son will love them.
You can eat them as dessert or anytime of the day really ;)
Both of these puddings are amazing. So nutritious too. If you still add some crushed hazelnuts or fruit or berries on top as a garnish, they will also look beautiful too.
Yesterday I made the second one, with the raw chocolate. My son was skeptical at first when he saw me making it, but when he tasted it he really loved it.
You need vanilla, cacao powder, avocado, banana, tangerines and honey or maple syrup. And also one small raw chocolate bar (aren't they all small hehe). I like to melt one that has some peppermint oil in it and add it to this pudding. But it can be made without the chocolate bar also.
I hope you have a blender?
Without that it still is possible to make these two, I made one of them using a fork to mash the banana and avocado, but then you can't use a frozen banana but that's okay.
In that case you instead put the pudding in the fridge for an hour after you have combined everything and that way it will taste really good.
Here is another easy recipe your kids can make - with your supervision of course.
But older children can make these kind of recipes themselves without much trouble, if you leave the ingredients in the kitchen next to the blender.
'At the moment my child only eats grapes and raspberries and no other fruits, what do I do?'
Here smoothies are very handy because you can add a lot of fruits and even greens that your kids normally wouldn't like to have.
The Strawberry Orange one here is a basic recipe that you can add baby spinach to, or anything else healthy, like rose hip powder (so nutritious)!
You can also cut everything in advance, place it in the blender and put the removable part of the blender in the fridge.
Then, whenever they are hungry - maybe coming home from school in need of an after-school snack, they just assemble the blender and press start, blend for a minute and they have something very delicious.
Today I made an amazing raw vegan ice cream cake for my sister's birthday! And it wasn't at all that difficult! I will post the recipe here for you soon.
Do you want even more healthy food recipes for kids? Great, I still have a few more for you, find the here: easy dinner recipes
Here you come to another place on this nutrition for kids site where you for example find instructions on how to make a very nice kid-friendly soup.